Teamcenter® software is a modern, adaptable product lifecycle management (PLM) system that connects people and processes, across functional silos, with a digital thread for innovation. The unmatched breadth and depth of Teamcenter portfolio means that you can solve more of the tough challenges required to develop highly successful products. From the easy, intuitive Teamcenter user interface, people across the organization can take part in the product development process more easily than ever before.
IT Champs has its own Teamcenter Center of Competence with people who have vast experience in implementing, maintaining and enhancing Teamcenter based PLM environments. Our people are coming from OEM background as well as IT consulting background and hence can provide you the best consulting from both perspectives. We can guarantee you that you will get the latest and greatest technological expertise from our Teamcenter consultants. Out internal R&D team is constantly improving their competence on upcoming technologies like PLM on cloud, AI with PLM, Data analytics based on PLM data, setting up design and quality feedback loop with IOT, and many more. We follow both traditional and agile approach and can setup your DevOps environment with Teamcenter.
An adaptable product lifecycle management (PLM) foundation supports Siemens PLM Software applications to help you respond quickly to change from business or market disruptions. You can choose from flexible deployment options (on-premise, cloud, and pre-configured) for fast time-to-value and lower cost of ownership.
Teamcenter Implementation Consulting
We have experience with PLM implementations from scratch as well as migration from one system to another. We can advise you from the very initial stage such as project approval and CAPEX creation and give you expert advice on various decisions you have to make on the way.
Some of our expert tips for successful implementation:
- Identify and develop internal experts to lead implementation.
- Secure good support from management. Establish how PLM important for the business.
- Prepare a good quantified cost-benefits study showing ROI.
- Establish measurable goals in your project plan that shows the difference.
- Strike a good balance between IT and Engineering. Establish clear ownership.
- Prepare the business for change from day1 – roadshows, newsletters, etc.
- Choose externals carefully. Interview if possible. Define scope clearly.
- Follow Agile or sprint mode as much as possible.
Some common source of delays are as follows:
- Internal resources ramp up.
- The servers are not ready on time.
- Data cleaning takes more time than expected.
- Conflict with scope.
- Delta data strategy not defined.
- Dependency – Integrations with ERP or other systems.
Based on our extensive experience with PLM projects we can advise you on some of the below most frequently encountered problems in implementation
- Lack of management support or awareness
- Internal resource availability
- Delay in approvals
- Overbooked or loaded key people
- Requirements Scope not clear
- IT infrastructure or support issues
It's easy to customize but it's not easy to maintain. Each customization adds to complexity and problems for upgrade and maintenance.
At IT Champs, we focus on the smart customization principle
· We try to use OOTB functionality with some configuration.
· We suggest a cost-benefit or impact study for each change.
· If unavoidable we make customizations as independent as possible reducing the impact on core functions.
· We evaluate different technologies and choose the right one.
We also offer a unique ©De-customization service to
· Reduce complexity
· Improve performance
· Reduce dependency on programming
· Reduce maintenance cost
· Reduce the cost of errors
Often the “PLM” word refers to the PLM system (software) in the company and loses its importance because the so-called PLM system has the only a fraction of PLM data and processes, which is mainly engineering design and BOM related data and often fails to connect and integrate all data, processes, and people in the lifecycle as a PLM system should do.We provide integration service with all leading systems and help you to create a truly connected landscape.
Some of the considerations for the interface :
- Traceability across systems
- User-friendly interface
- Avoid duplicate data entries
- Efficient process and workflows
- Single source of data
- Simple and effective solution
With new versions comes always new functionalities and new problems. It is important to be aware of new limitations while getting excited about new possibilities.
- Existing data may not fit
- Customizations may not behave as desired
- Performance may not necessarily improve
Based on our experience we make sure you get the full benefit of your investment in upgrade projects. It should not be version up but should be a significant gain in functionality and performance. It is also an opportunity to revisit solutions and architecture and possible customizations. We give utmost importance to thorough testing with end-user involvement to make sure your upgrade is successful.
Some Important tips for upgrade:
Make a list of reasons you want to upgrade? Verify if the upgrade will really solve those problems or you need to solve them first? (performance issues can be resolved without upgrade)
Take upgrade as an opportunity to review and change environment and data model to make simple and use OOTB functions as much as possible.
Do cost vs Benefit for new features and changes.
Take upgrade as an opportunity to prepare or adapt for the future like cloud hosting, FMS hosting, IoT, and Digital Transformation initiatives.
Find a very stable suitable version to detail and check problem reports, bugs reported, and fixes.
Extract as much value as possible from upgrade investment.
Test the selected version thoroughly on your production copy.
Make life simple for you and your users
Teamcenter Data Migration
Often underestimated, this topic has the potential to delay or put your project to a crisis.
Data cleaning and preparations often take more time and resources than estimated. Even though migration scripts or tools are ready in time, getting a considerable amount of data in desired formats in the desired sequence is often challenging and requires many internal resources to prepare data.
We can help you using our previous experiences with various strategies to overcome this problem and make sure your data migration is not a bottleneck.