SAP Audits & Value Discovery
In the current environment the technology challenge is not only restricted to the CIOs or CTOs and become more become a challenge to complete business. It is always necessary to identify the values that can brought to the business which can help the business to, improve efficiency, reduce the cost, support the decision making and sever customer better. IT Champs has conducted such value discovery exercises in different organizations at different levels and help to bring improvements right form transactional benefits till information to senior management and even beyond to server the customers.
Approach to Audit & Value Discovery
The Value Discovery Exercise is a comprehensive process identifying the general and niche areas where the efficiencies can be improved. ITChamps has a vast experience of carrying out similar exercise for other clients before. This methodology is a combination of Problem management & Knowledge Management. This methodology has three major phases
This phase is mainly focus on the expectation management where, the meeting with key stakeholders is arranged. First. they are informed about the way the process of value discovery will be conducted and the following focus areas are identified from organization viewpoint.
- SAP Processes to understand current flow.
- Mapping of Roles & Authorization
- Audit of SAP configuration settings to determine correct mappings
- Financial Compliance Audit
- Licenses & other Statutory Compliance Audit
- Performance Audit to determine if ABAP codes and flows have been set properly to give ultimate performance
- Audit of IT control systems such as Disaster Recovery, Data Back etc. to determine the required controls for a smooth working
In the execution the workshops are planned with all levels of management to access information and current process from different angles. This is done with objective to understand the present working scenarios, transaction details with information and business process touch points. This process is achieved with interviews with users, managers, and member of senior management team.
Subject matter experts try to put comparison of the current business processes to the best practices followed. They help to identify the duplication of data capturing, redundant data capturing as well as non-value add transactions/ processes. The assessment is done for data and information required by decision makers and from information captured, stored, and presented to such team. The SME team also conduct their own checks in the system to understand the current process configured, used, not used, or not configured based on the current business process of the organization.
Based on the information collected from different interviews, system checks and reports provided by participants a detailed exercise is carried out and the results are mainly divided in
- Improvements in Transactions and Processes
- Improvements with Change Management
- Addition in Functional Area and Architecture
- Impact to Organization
- Time for Execution
- Improvement in overall SAP performance across the business
- Improvement in compliances for error free working
- Optimization of resources
- Speeding ROI and Cost Cutting by correct determination of leakages in the system
In the recommendation phase, SME deliver the findings gathered from the execution exercises. A detailed report of current usage of the system, it’s unutilized or underutilized functionalities are explained. The recommendations are done considering the best practice guidelines. The change management issues are explained, and the priorities.
A recommended SAP Applications optimization plan which helps the business processes in long run is prepared. The ROI for every recommendation is explained and a detailed road MAP over the stipulated period is suggested for the business organization.